One of Milwaukee’s most loved bands have returned. This time they toned down the Who influence filtered through 90′s alt rock/post punk/aggro for more of a general 60′s rock filtered through the same 90′s lens. At first listen, this is my favorite album of theirs.
Was wondering what people are looking for from bands/musicians on social media.
It’s only 5 questions so it should be less than 5 minutes of your time.
Leave comments here if you have further thoughts.
ROCK AND/OR ROLL 020 – HEAVY SEVENTIES PART 2
BJ and Fistful of Dave are back to share with you 30 carefully selected songs by some of the lesser-known purveyors of seventies rock at its heaviest.
Beyond my blathering the Rock and/or Roll podcast is great.
Hear is what we blab about and play:
- THE MOVE – BRONTOSAURUS
- HAYSTACKS BALBOA – THE CHILDREN OF HEAVEN
- SIR LORD BALTIMORE – PUMPED UP
- BANG – LIONS, CHRISTIANS
- DUST – LOVE ME HARD
- TOAD – STAY
- JERUSALEM – PRIMITIVE MAN
- CAPTAIN BEYOND – FROZEN OVER
- BARNSTORM – TURN TO STONE
- SILVERHEAD – ACE SUPREME
- HIGHWAY ROBBERY – FIFTEEN
- TIGER B. SMITH – TIGER ROCK
- THREE MAN ARMY – WHAT’S YOUR NAME
- PENTAGRAM – FOREVER MY QUEEN
- GRANICUS – BAD TALK
- TEAR GAS – I’M GLAD
- SENSATIONAL ALEX HAREY BAND – VAMBO
- BUDGIE – HAMMER AND TONGS
- KING CRIMSON – RED
- GOOD RATS – FIREBALL EXPRESS
- HAWKWIND – MOTORHEAD
- PINK FAIRIES – CITY KIDS
- ARMAGEDDON – PATHS AND PLANES AND FUTURE GAINS
- CAIN – QUEEN OF THE NIGHT
- STARZ – OVER AND OVER
- MOXY – THROUGH THE STORM
- TRUTH AND JANEY – THE LIGHT
- TASTE – TEENAGE ANTHEM
- PAT TRAVERS – HAMMERHEAD
- ROSE TATTOO – ROCK N’ ROLL OUTLAW
Holy crud two weeks in a row. This time it’s BJ, Martin Popoff and me.
Here is the lowdown:
ROCK AND/OR ROLL 019 – HEAVY SEVENTIES PART 1
What exactly does “heavy” mean? Who were the earliest, heaviest bands and how did their particular brand of rock and roll evolve over the course of the seventies, culminating in a new genre called “heavy metal” that exploded in the late seventies and into the eighties? On the next two episodes of the podcast BJ and his guests Martin Popoff (Part 1 only) and Fistful of Dave will attempt to answer these questions while sharing with you some of the very heaviest music of the seventies.
You can listen right here
I suggest you check out all the Rock an/or Roll podscasts because they are great.